Thursday 25 May 2017

Honey Do List May Challenge

The inspiration photo that Eric Wentling took for the May challenge was of a brass sculpture sitting in a garden of field grasses and fruit trees


Photo courtesy of Eric Wentling

That tree with its beautiful spring flowers is the star of the photo. This month though I just wasn’t feeling it for that pinkish purple colour. Instead I focused on the sculpture and the grasses. From those came this necklace


Sculptural

The antiqued brass spacer beads, bail for the pendant & clasp evoke the sculpture while the green and yellow green serpentine beads reflect the grasses and background trees. Flowers are a necessity for gardens and daisies are perfect for one like the garden in the photo


The sweet polymer clay flower was created by Heather Powers of Humblebeads. I used an antiqued brass bail and ring to attach it to the necklace of serpentine gemstones and antiqued brass spacer beads

I hope you enjoyed seeing my necklace. It is available in my shop

Do go to the reveal and see what everyone else made. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day

6 comments:

  1. Looks good and a cool different take on the challenge. I thought I recognized Heather's work in the pendant! I'm getting too good at bead knowledge without even trying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL you have a lot of exposure to beads and jewellery these days don't you Eric?
      Thanks! Mona

      Delete
  2. The beads and pendant are the perfect match! Beautiful necklace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bairozan. It's wonderful when components match so well isn't it?
      Mona

      Delete
  3. What a lovely necklace! I was more drawn to the greens and yellows this time too. Heather's pendant is just perfect with the green beads you chose. Thanks for playing along with us! Check out the new challenge over on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your challenges have been a lot of fun Sarajo. Thanks for holding them
      Mona

      Delete