When I was getting ready for the Earrings Everyday Challenge I was working on two pairs of earrings. The first pair are the ones I blogged about during the reveal. The second pair were not working the way I wanted so they didn’t get included in the challenge update.
|Photo Credit Luke Porter, Unsplash|
I finally figured out why I wasn’t satisfied with them: I kept trying to add too much. Not only were they too heavy but because the beads I used were all handmade they weren’t perfectly balanced and the earrings were lopsided. Art bead fans know they are often created with that distinctive not quite perfectly uniform shape that only handmade beads can pull off successfully and sometimes it just doesn’t quite work with the intended design
The pretty red beehive shaped lampwork beads were made by Davinia Designs. I won them in a bead destash auction by Linda Landig. The crusty gold rustic lampwork discs are from SueBeads, one of my favourite lampwork bead makers. I added some seed beads in matching colours, copper spacers, gunmetal wire and ear wires.
These earrings take their colours from the flames of a roaring fire, the stage in the campfire where the red flame intermingles with orange and yellow small flames, just kissing the burning wood. I should point out that the colour of the glass beads is much deeper and richer in real life. I will conquer those photo issues one day (soon I hope)
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.