Friday 28 April 2017

Pretty Palettes April Design Challenge

The challenge this month from the Halmark team Pretty Palettes creator was based on 2 sweet spring illustrations from Heather Powers. You can read more about Heather’s creations here

I chose this one to build my design with


Handpainted design by Heather Powers 

The jumping off point for this necklace was the pretty embossed teardrop in the light mint colour. To showcase it I gathered some mint glass beads and mother of pearl rounds, both I had bought at Michaels quite some time ago. To these I added some peach aventurine rounds that are close to the recommended colours, a multi coloured glass flower and some rectangle shaped chain

Mint Sprigs

I had 2 of the mint coloured glass beads left and decided to make a pair of little stacker earrings using the 3 bead colours. It gives a nice finishing touch. Oh yes, all the metals are silver plated

Mint Sprigs

The set is available in my shop


Mint Sprigs

Please visit the Halcraft site for the blog reveal to see what everyone else made

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day

2 comments:

  1. That teardrop is beautiful! I love the etched botanical design on it and how it perfectly coordinates with our Pretty Palette. Thank you for playing along! Just wait until you see next month's Pretty Palette. I'm excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm looking forward to seeing next month's design
    Mona

    ReplyDelete