Friday 20 February 2015

We’re All Ears February Inspiration

This month’s earring design challenge was focused around some absolutely beautiful artwork - watercolour illustrations that have been paired with flowers.

Malaysian artist / photographer Lim Zhi Wei, known as Limzy, created these whimsical flower girls. Limzy turns everyday objects into delicate beautiful art. She has published a very limited run of a 2015 calendar with her flower girls. I was so enamoured with these pretty creations that I ordered a calendar for myself. You can follow Limzy on Instagram and Facebook or on her blog, Love, Limzy.

I chose this flower girl for my inspiration:




I have tiny handmade Polymer Clay Plumeria flowers that are a close match to the skirt on this girl’s dress.  These flowers have the charming name “The Ocean Blooms with Happiness”. 




I paired them with Brass Tea Leaves Enameled in Cobalt Blue. Brass wire binds everything together and is used to hang the earring from Brass Ear Wires. The idea was to use the enameled leaves as the body of the dress and the flowers as the skirt. I wanted to use more flowers for the skirt but did not have enough. I’m still trying to source more. If I find some I will add them to the earrings. (These earrings are now sold)


Congratulations to Erin Prais-Hintz and all the contributors for the Earrings Everyday blog. This month’s inspiration marks the 1st anniversary of the challenge.


9 comments:

  1. Beautifully designed. I think it is enough...but If I find some of those Polymer Clay Plumeria flowers.... I'll be sure to let you know. I like those blue tea leaves too. Mine were gifted to me from my Mom's friend. Great minds indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous earrings! I love cobalt blue beads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pair! love the color!! My favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous PC work on these plumeria blooms...creating a lovely pair of earrings for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful earring design. Your interpretation is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the enamelled leaves - they are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the blue color and the earrings are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That blue is stunning. So vibrant and fresh! I love those blue leaves and the flowers are stunning. Aren't these pictures just divine? They make me so happy that I almost forget that it is -elevntybillion outside tonight! ;-) So glad you joined in the spring-y fun at We're All Ears. Can spring be far behind?! Come back on March 6th for the next inspiration! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the blue and the flower beads are fantastic! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete