Monday 12 January 2015

Trends for 2015 – In Jewellery

I enjoy making jewellery, and other things, that I like and that I think my customers will like. I don’t typically follow fashion trends, though I do like to see what is happening in the world of home decor. Even then I don’t follow the trends much.

Having said all of that, I've been spending some time since Christmas doing some thinking about where I am in my jewellery business and where I want to go. I've begun exploring some new mediums (see recent my post on polymer clay for example) and wondering if it’s time to submit some pieces to jewellery magazines.

If I do decide to submit to magazines, I need to ensure my pieces are on trend. So this is how I've ended up spending some time checking out trends. I just Googled “Jewelry Trends 2015” (I went with the American spelling. It makes Google happier) and came up with 61 Million results. Wow!

I checked out Vogue and Harper's Bazaar magazine predictions. These were the top 2 responses for my search and well, a girl’s only got so much time after all. The posts for both magazines were from October 2014, in line with the advance reviews and shows that are typical of the industry.

I’m still working my way through my reactions to the trends, deciding what fits my style and interest. I’ll let you have a look for yourself. Just click on the photos for the links. Have fun!



Harper’s Bazaar Jewellery Trends Report

A final note, just after I finished writing this post I was doing some blog hopping of my own and came across a very similar post on the Love My Art Jewellery blog. This is a UK site that I found recently. Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment